Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Welcome to 2015!

WHOA!  I totally stopped posting over Holiday Break, but that's what breaks are for...to pause, relax, and rejuvenate.

To be honest, it's been kind of hard to get back in the swing of things.  I think I might have had too much fun over break.  I didn't do much: had lots of Christmas fun, played with the three beautifullest babies in the world, hung out with my awesome husband, spent time with great friends, wore lots of Christmas sweaters...Yes, an outstanding, yet SIMPLE, time to be sure.

However, I was having too much fun and didn't get to do all the reading I envisioned doing.  In fact, I barely started a new book.  My imaginings of having lots of time off from class to read ended up being the reality of spending lots of time with my babes during the day, watching lots of Avengers-related stuff with my husband at night, and then being too sleepy to read.  What a bad librarian!!!

 I did start Stephen King's latest book, Revival.  My son wanted to get me a book for Christmas, and he wanted it to be shiny.  While wandering around the bookstore, my husband saw Revival, showed it to  my son, and he approved.

 You can't tell here, but the physical copy has a shimmering sheen that met with my son's "shiny" approval.

It's off to a great start, with the main character facing moral dilemmas, drug addiction, and losing his mother and only sister in tragic ways...and that's all in the first 160 pages!  My goal was to have it finished by this week, but alas, that hasn't happened.  I hope to finish it soon, even though I have to read two novels by the start of class next Thursday.  I better get to readin'!!!

Here's to a great 2nd semester in the Uni High Library, a strong finish to my time in the GSLIS program, and hopefully I'll get some sleep along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment