Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Drumroll, Please....

Presenting...

After many days of hoping and dreaming and thinking...

My VERY FIRST Library Land Bulletin Board!



Sure, it's simple, basic, and not much to look at, BUT, it's the first one! 

I'm trying to figure out how to balance bulletin board fun with super too-cool-for-school high school students.  That's why I started so simple.  I didn't want something super childish in their faces.  Our (my supervisor and myself) goal was to get the kids thinking about the new books that have been acquired over the summer, and I think it definitely does that.  I tried to balance non-fiction, fiction, and graphic novels (which we have a lot of)  I think bulletin boards always need to be eye-catching, and I hope the extra easy and simple, yet colorful, construction paper borders make the new books pop.

I do want to add more covers, but just as I was finishing up, the circ desk computer crashed, and it has yet to be replaced.  (Hopefully tomorrow!)  I was just too excited to get this first gem up on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment