Sunday, August 31, 2014

Judging a Book by Its Cover

I just want to say that I love old book covers.  I love looking at them to see the trends of times when they were printed or the trends of early re-prints.   I love thinking about the choices behind the design, how they affect the reader, and how powerful they are at relaying a message before one even opens the cover.





When I was weeding books out of Uni High Library's fiction collection, I came across these gems.  I love them.  I want to take them home and put them on my shelf and cradle them and love them forever...I don't want to send them into storage.



Keep your old books, pass them on, love the artwork, discuss it with your kids or nieces and nephews or students, because it is an integral part of the book's identity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment