Sunday, August 31, 2014

Library Fail #1

I was weeding some fiction books last week.  (FYI...Weeding=getting rid of books that haven't been checked out of the library in a certain amount of years.  For the library where I'm working, the limit is five years for fiction, since the collection [and library itself] are so small.)  I came across this gem:



So, here's my fail.  I should've kept this.  I should've pocketed it. 

#1: LOOK.  AT.  IT!  It's a novelization of Rain Man.  Because, if there was ever a movie CRYING OUT for a novelization, it was Rain Man.  Def...Def...Definitely Rain Man.

#2: I could have read that novelization and created (yet another blog) that would become the next B to the F: The Novelization of the Feature Film.  Oh, I could have made Rain Man funny: quips about too many cheese balls on toothpicks or real maple syrup on tables or creating a 97X--BAM THE FUTURE OF ROCK N ROLL .gif.  The possibilities with this blog would have been endless. This was my calling, to create a fanfiction/novelization blog about an 80s film, and I let the chance just slip through my fingers, and onto the shelving cart to be processed and shipped into deep storage.  (Yeah, cause one day, someone is definitely gonna request this gem.)  I was too into my job, too focused on getting the weeding done right.  (But, apparently not too focused to not stop and take a picture of the book.)

I can only hope and pray that another chance presents itself before I'm done weeding.  Maybe a novelization of 16 Candles or Teen Wolf or The Goonies.  A novelization blog of any of those would be truly epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment