Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Monthly Updates

Just a quick update on our ongoing monthlies!

It's NOVEMBER!!!  Which for me means gearing up for my birthday and Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving.  I ADORE Thanksgiving, but I know some people are too hip with it anymore.  (I'm not even going to go into it, because I love giving thanks and spending time with family, but whatever hyper-politicals.)  Instead of focusing on a cute Thanksgiving theme for our suggestions board, I went with an American theme to commemorate Veterans Day.  It's fun, bright, and in your face.  I just hope students aren't confused and think it's a 4th of July display.



I also updated our Books to Film mini-display. 



We're highlighting Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay this month (of course), and I included a few books we don't have in our Uni collection.  I am hoping students will ask how to put the books on reserve at the public library or to request them from one of our other campus libraries.  If this happens...Yay for teachable moments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment