Friday, November 21, 2014

I Think I'd Die

I have a new dream.  It's lofty...OH SO LOFTY.  But, I can't get the image out of my head.  What image you might ask?  This image:



My new dream is to have David Tennant lead storytime at my future school library.

On Wednesday, the Unofficial David Tennant Facebook page posted that he visited his sister's school earlier this week.  He praised her life's work of assisting and teaching students with special needs.  They then posted pictures of him with the students at the school and reading to them in the assembly room.

There are so many things here going on that makes my head want to explode.

1.  His sister is a teacher for students with special needs, and he praises her.  He knows what a hard, yet rewarding, job this is.  Swoon.
2.  He chums around with the students.  His sister said many of her students absolutely adore Doctor Who, and he made their dreams come true.  Double swoon.



3.  He said his sister asked him to visit, and he still has to do what his older sister tells him to.  Adorable.
4.  He led storytime.  I'll type that one again: HE.  LED.  STORYTIME.  Brain officially BURSTING!

I kind of want to write him an impassioned plea to come visit my school next year, wherever that may be, and beg him to lead storytime.  I have to start crafting this letter now.  Too bad his latest show, Gracepoint on FOX, is bombing in the ratings.  He might be hesitant to visit the States again.  I'll just assure him he'll receive a very warm reception when he arrives at the library.  I need to make this happen.  And, he needs to wear that Mr. Cool tee again.

No comments:

Post a Comment