Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's That Time of Year

Yes indeedy.  It IS that time of year.  So many commitments: final papers to write, books to read, presents to wrap, things to do...but life would be boring without a little stress to keep you on your toes, no? 

All of sudden November's over, and December's already in its ninth day!  Since my last post, we've celebrated Thanksgiving, an anniversary, and two December birthdays at our house.  I've been busy around the Uni Library, too.  (Maybe too busy?  I really need to finish a couple of papers, but I keep finding things to think about/do in the Dragon's Lair.) 

Our monthly bulletin board and circ desk have been updated:






There's been another successful Game Day:




MORE new books have been put on overflow display:


 Awww, SNAP.  One's already gone.  Nice.

Another newsletter has been published detailing our December events, AND two displays have been created (more on those later).  PHEW!  THAT'S A LOT! 

 Oh, it's still so much fun, guys.  I'm so, SO lucky to be working at this library, if only for a year.  I get to stretch my creativity with bulletin boards, dream up displays that I hope will get students' attentions (and draw them into more pleasure reading and less studying...MUWAHAHA!!!), I get to hone my research skills as I help students learn theirs, and I get to learn and work with consummate professionals, like Amy and Paul.  This is the sweetest graduate assistantship EVER, and I'm VERY thankful for it during this time of year (no matter how busy I get!).

1 comment: