Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Book Trees

My new obsession is Christmas trees made out of books. We all have our things, and this is just one of mine.  I started looking at them on Pinterest  a couple of weeks ago, and all I can do is think about the book trees I'll make in my future library.  I can see it in my head: maybe three or four, spread out around the library.  *sigh*  They would be beautiful.

Book trees look spectacular, and they're the perfect use for weeded books.  If you are bored with weeding, and don't want to do it, just motivate yourself by looking at some of these amazing book trees:






See???  Don't you want to go and weed the heck out of your library's collection, so you can make one?  You'll also be keeping your collection up to date in the process.  It's okay: you can thank me later.

The day after I started obsessing about book trees, my brother-in-law sent me this photo:



He had made his own book tree!  It's like great minds think alike or something.  I love the jaunty Santa hat on top and the NOEL blocks, too.  Great touches.  My kids were super impressed with this and want to do one at our house.  If we get one done over holiday break, you can bet I'll post a picture.  (That is, if I can take quick enough.  Our lil one year old is the fastest crawler in the midwest, and she'd LOVE to destroy a book tree.)

Now, go get creative and create a tree out of the most unlikely of objects.  If you do, share them with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment