Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Zombies & Manga

Here is my favorite New Book Combo.

As I have stated before, I am constantly re-working and reorganizing the New Book Displays.  I always try to find new combos that might catch students' eyes.  If zombies paired with Manga doesn't work--and CLASSIC Manga at that--I don't know what will.



On a personal note, these are also two genres I need to get way more familiar with before my first official job.  I have to brush up on these in order to do good Readers Advisory.   I have not read any Manga, but I'll get the chance in two weeks for my Comics Readers Advisory Class.  I've only read one zombie novel, Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teeth.  I enjoyed it immensely, but I never read the next two in the series.  I feel like I need to start over with Hands and Teeth before moving on to finish the trilogy.  I am currently reading The Walking Dead for my Young Adult Literature class, and I do not like it.  It is too dark and depressing for me.  I am glad I've read some it, though, so I know what students are reading and enjoying.

I better get to more reading now!  Zombies and Manga...here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment