Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Check It Out! Our FIRST Video Book Talk!

It might not be perfect, but here's our first book talk!  I hope to do more as the years go by, and hopefully production value will only be on the rise!  I also want to encourage students to film book talks for the website, too...with proper signed permissions in place, of course.  

This first, original Library Land book talk is on Colleen Gleason's The Clockwork Scarab.  Here are a couple of notes on method:

1.  I downloaded a free teleprompter app for the iPad, so I didn't have to memorize a script.  Once I did this, my anxiety about filming was alleviated 110%.  The app was great, easy to use, and you could control the speed of the text.  It's simply entitled Teleprompter, and I found it through the Apple App Store.
2.  I wanted this video to double as a readers' advisory/read alikes opportunity, too.  That is why I've surrounded myself with genres I've mentioned in the book talk.
3.  Even though I had other props around, I still made sure the book was the highest element on the table.  

I hope you all enjoy!...Or, at least TOLERATE my first attempt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment