Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Great Ideas to STEAL!

April and the beginning of May got REALLY busy, because of final projects/end of the semester, so I'm just getting caught up on some blogging right now.  I want to quickly post about a couple of great ideas that came to my attention last month.

As I previously mentioned, April is National Poetry Month.  On the last day of April, Paul, our library technician extraordinaire, copied a variety of poems.  He left them out on one of our tables for students and staff to take with them throughout the day.  He wanted to make sure we all had a POEM IN OUR POCKET.  His selections was varied, eclectic, and all around awesome.

All of the poems Paul had ready.  Most were gone by the end of the day!

The Uni Student Council also did a great thing at the end of April.  During the last week, students could come in and write brief (or lengthy) notes of appreciation for the teachers, for the first week in May was Teacher Appreciation Week.




I was so glad they chose the library as their main hub for this activity.  It was great seeing students huddled around the tables writing notes of thanks to their wonderful, dedicated teachers.

 My favorite poem that I carried around in my pocket on 4/30/15 and the Appreciation Station we had at the Circ Desk.


Muwahahaha!  I love being a Library Thief!  I plan to use both of these ideas for my future library...wherever that may be.  I hope you consider stealing them, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment