Friday, May 15, 2015

SENIORS' LAST DAY!

Here are...Friday, May 15, 2015.  The last day for Uni High's Class of 2015.  I know I've only known most of them for nine months, but my life is better because of them.  Being a teacher and working with kids, teens, young adults, or whatever you call them, is a life affirming and life changing career choice.  I have been blessed knowing some of these students for nine months, and I'm even more blessed because I've known some of them since they were 11. 

One of my former students, who I taught in 6th grade, came up to me yesterday and asked, "Is it weird?  You know, seeing us again and watching us go off into the world?

I replied, after composing myself for a moment so I wouldn't start bawling, "No.  It has been WONDERFUL and the greatest honor to see you again and watch you go off into the world."

I never thought I'd see my 6th grade students who got into Uni again, but this assistantship has offered me the unique opportunity to see them again, as they ready themselves to transition into adulthood and attend college.  This has been the greatest and most humbling part of this job for the past year.

Here is my last bulletin board as a grad assistant at Uni, and it's one I made with the Seniors' help.  I got A LOT of responses, and I think it looks great.  I hope some of the underclassmen check out some of their recommendations.


2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am definitely stealing it for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, Emily! I did bribe them with candy to get their picks, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete