Sunday, September 7, 2014

Books About BOOKS

Thanks to a quirky little website called Holiday Insights, I found out that there are a couple of interesting book-related "holidays" coming up: Read a Book Day (September 6) and International Literacy Day (September 8).  So, I had to make a display...of course.




I used the space of our smaller display area (the top of our new magazine shelf) to house this display.  It will only be up for a week and a half (before we go full-on Banned Books mode), but I still thought it would be fun to pay short tribute to these holidays I just became aware of.

Here is the short and sloppy METHOD to my display madness:
Since our fiction collection is rather small, I pulled the books that I could find.  (NOTE: Markus Zusak's The Book Thief was checked out [yay!], so it's not on the shelf...yet.  I'm nabbing it once it comes in.)  I wanted to include fiction and non-fiction, but I could only find two non-fiction titles about book/reading in our collection.  I did find a graphic novel by Audrey Niffeneger (The Time Traveler's Wife) that I wasn't aware of, called The Night Bookmobile.  Good times!  Besides walking through our collection, I also sourced books from Goodreads' Popular Books About Books Shelf.  There were SO MANY quality titles on there, that I wish we had access to more in our library!



If you know of any other great books about books, send me an email! 

No comments:

Post a Comment