Thursday, September 4, 2014

Don't Judge a Book by Its COLOR

My first display!  EEK!  I love it.



We don't have a lot of display space at our library, so I feel like I made do the best I could.  It was fun hunting for books just based on color...nothing else.  Even though it was just based on color, I still managed to get a couple of my favorites in under the ORANGE setting (Harry and the Deathly Potter Hallows and White Teeth).

There's also something for everybody here: fantasy, serious lit/classics, easy/beach-type reads, scary books, translated Japanese fiction (middle WHITE book, entitled Footprints in the Snow), in addition to new and old books.  I feel like a wide variety is represented.  The only thing I didn't get on there that I wanted to was a graphic novel selection.  I had the new re-release of Kingdom Come ready to go (since it has a GREEN cover), but it was too tall for the shelf space.

Here is the short and sloppy METHOD to my display madness:
I tried to cull books that aren't on other displays (we have a rotating New Books display) and/or haven't been checked out in awhile.  For example, Footprints in the Snow looks really interesting, and it hasn't been checked out since 2006!  I'll know that this display "works" if someone checks that out.

Anyway...I hope you like it.  I did get the idea from Pinterest.  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute my own idea to Pinterest one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment