Thursday, October 2, 2014

Banned Books Bulletin Board

Gosh almighty, I LOVED doing this bulletin board.  It took a lot of work cutting out all of those flames, but it was worth it.  I don't have much to say about the board, because I think its awesomeness speaks for itself.



This is another Pinterest idea.  I know, I know: no originality on my part.  Well, I'm gettin' into the groove of this library thing, and if the boards look this cool, why re-invent the wheel?  The board I looked at on Pinterest didn't have quotes, though.  I found the quotes about censorship on BuzzFeed of all places and thought they would fit perfectly with the week.  The book covers are from the authors quoted on the board.



I've loved creating a display and bulletin board for my first Banned Books Week as a librarian.  (OK, I know I'm still in grad school, and a semester and a half away from graduation, but I think I can use the title already.)  I have already started to collect ideas for future Banned Books Weeks...on Pinterest.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment