Monday, October 20, 2014

Teen Week Read Out Report!

OK.  I am so excited.  I am so proud.  I am STOKED!

We had eight students come read at the Teen Week Read Out, which almost met my goal of ten!  (Amy and I participated, too, so if you count us, who are teens at heart, we really did meet TEN!)  Besides those eight that read aloud, we had several students in who listened to the readings.  It was just so great!  The students read poetry and book excerpts, and we had everything from Edna St. Vincent Millay to Terry Pratchet. 






It was a nice, laid back event, but I'll have to be more strategic with future Teen Weeks.  I definitely want to keep the Read Out, but I'll have to do even more activities when I get to my own media center and do a lot more publicity for events.  We sent out three emails, put up some flyers around the school, and talked to some students throughout the week, but that was it.


There is always room for improvement, but for my first Teen Read Week efforts, I'm pretty satisfied.   


No comments:

Post a Comment