Tuesday, October 28, 2014

New Author Crushes

I have a new obsession.  Actually, it's a dual obsession.  I have become obsessed with YA authors Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi.  They are pretty much the cutest, coolest married YA couple ever.

(Shut up.  Her bouquet was made of pages from Ransom's book.  Cutest.  Thing.  EVER.)


I believe they should be deemed THE young adult power couple.  I want them to come to my house and read creepy, dystopian stories to my children.  That'd be OK...right?  OK, OK...maybe they shouldn't come read to my children...YET.  They should come read to the Uni High students, though.  That would be awesome.  That would be cause for a MAJOR high five.



They are all over social media, have a joint YouTube channel (ADORABLE!), and married in September 2013.  HE is the author of the uber creepy YA book Miss Peregrine's Home for Very Peculiar Children.  He loves to mine for vintage photos in flea swaps, and Miss Peregrine has just been adapted and published as a graphic novel.

SHE is the author of dystopian YA series Shatter Me.  It was optioned to be a film even before it was published.  And, while I am quick to judge another dystopian effort, hers seems to be interesting, and no, I haven't read it yet, but it is on my list of 100+ to read.  Her blog posts are engaging, so I will definitely give her dystopian effort a try.

(Just look at how cute they are doing joint book talks!  Awwwww!)

You can get to their various social networking efforts via their websites, and I am tempted to join Twitter just to follow both of them.  For now, I'll stick to just following them on Instagram (especially since Ransom has all the cool photographs).  Until I get them over to my house for dinner, I'll just look for images of them online and watch how uber awesome they are from afar.




No comments:

Post a Comment